One of the two water cisterns outside St Mary's Church, Hugh Town.
They were made by Hezekiah Walker who was a Citizen & Master Plumber of London.
Records show that Hezekiah Walker was supplying lead shot to the Ordnance Board in 1708 and lead piping to the Tower Mint in 1718. He was also recorded as overseer of the poor in the Parish of St John at Hackney c.1732 He appears to have become fairly wealthy and brought a large house, now called the Eagle & Child, in Leighton Buzzard in 1745. His will made in 1762 leaves his wealth to three sons. He died in 1772.
They are listed [NGR: SV9064210580] and were moved to their present position from Star Castle. [SV 90650, 10580]
BACK TO CONTENTS
BACK TO A to Z - C