Quarantine Station - Built on St Helens to try and stop infected/diseased sailors and passengers infecting the mainland. Provided an income to Scilly islanders for a short period up to the end of the Napoleonic Wars.
Quarantine of Samson - c. 1900 after all the cattle from the wreck of the Minnehaha (October 1899) had been removed from the island.
Quay, St Mary's - The first quay built from dry granite stones was built in 1601. The 'New Quay' which was to incorporate Rat Island was constructed from 1835 to 1838. This was extended in ?
Quay, Old Town, St Mary's.
Queen Victoria's Head - Rock outcrop on Gugh. Can been seen to the left as you approach the St Agnes Quay.
Queen of the Bay - Scilly/Penzance packet ship (138 tons) that served the islands. Operated by the West Cornwall Steamship Company from 1874 to 1885.
Left: Queen of the Bay c. 1874, ILN.
Queen of the Isles - Scilly/Penzance packet ship that served the islands. Followed the Lady of the Isles.
BACK TO A - Z