St Mary's, On the Garrison, starting anti clockwise at the Garrison Gate.
,  & The new definitive publication  by English Heritage. See précis Islander Magazine
Jefferson's Battery, north-east.
Well Battery, north-east.
Store House Battery (Newman), northern tip.
King Charles Battery, north-west
Un-named batteries along the north -west civil war breastworks
Steval - The lower, older battery nearer Steval point, western tip of Garrison and the higher battery (c.1900) further west up the Garrison hill
Colonel George Boscawen's Battery, southwest.
Bartholomew Battery, south-west.
Woolpack - The lower early battery (c. 1740) at Woolpack point, south Garrison and the higher battery (c. 1900) on the south Garrison hill.
Morning Point Battery, south-eastern tip.
Lower Broom Battery, eastern side.
Upper Broom, eastern side.
Lower Benham Battery, eastern side.
Upper Benham Battery, eastern side.
Duke of Leeds Battery, eastern side.
King George's Battery, eastern side.
Bant's Carn Battery [1909Map] - Near Bant's Carn, North of Halangy Point
Carn Morval Battery [1909 Map] - Civil War Battery. Two turf covered bank are visible running inland from a rock outcrop form a 'V@ shaped enclosure. Further north is what is assumed to be a bivouac platform area (open encampment, no tents)
Harry's Walls - Near Mount Flagon.
Mount Todden Battery (East St Mary's) - Military fortification manned (bivouac i.e. ) during periods of war. Between Carn Vean & Normandy. See also Mount Todden Watch-house. For authoritative remarks see [sah 45, p37]
Pellow's Redoubt, Civil War Battery & Earthworks - Toll's Island, Northeast St Mary's.
Peninnis Head Battery - Quite a substantial earthwork & platform from the Civil War period protected by two large rock outcrops. Now behind the Peninnis Lighthouse. Reported to still be in use c. 1702-1714.
Oliver's Battery - Crow Point, South Tresco, just behind Carn Near. [sah 71, p51] This was the fort/battery constructed by Admiral Blake's forces from which he could bombard St Mary's Pool. It is of pentagonal shape on top of a rocky knoll. Unlike the Royalist emplacement lower down the hill this structure was designed for guns to fire west, north-west and north-east. It must have been built sometime between the 18 April 1651 when they captured Tresco and 23 May when the Royalist on the Garrison finally surrendered.
The Blockhouse, referred to as Dover Fort (Parliamentary Survey 1652). Certainly used in the Civil War.
Charles Castle (King Charles) - Built c. 1550 to protect New Grimsby Harbour, Tresco. At one time it could accommodate two levels of gun armament. The castle was however badly-sited. For authoritative remarks on the Castle Down fortifications see [sah 68, p48]
Castle Down Battery (Eastern side) - Civil War Battery. See also [sah 68, p48] Also breastwork to the north of Gimble Porth.
Cromwell's Castle - [tim, 5th Ed, p15] & [sah 69, p50]
Civil War Battery built by Royalists. Just behind Green bay.
Works Point, Civil War Battery built by Royalists. South Bryher.
South Hill, Gugh - SV 8910, 0800. Civil War Battery. Two entrance in poor condition nearby.
References & Recommended Literature.
 - The Garrison, St Mary's Isles of Scilly - A Walk Around the Walls, Cornwall County Council.
 - A walk around the fortifications and artillery of Garrison Hill, (The Hugh), St Mary's Isles of Scilly. ISBN: 9780955633324.
Walk Around Series. (12 Tri-folds) Isles of Scilly Council. Text by Katherine Sawyer.
Scilly's Archaeological Heritage [sah]
 - Defending Scilly by Mark Bowden & Allan Brodie, English Heritage, ISBN: 9781848020436, 2011.